Gynaecology is a medical speciality that focuses on the health and well-being of the female reproductive system, including the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, and vagina. This field of medicine deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of various conditions and diseases that affect the female reproductive system.
The Gynaecology Service at the Specialist Medical Clinic is provided by Dr Ramin Pakzad, a highly experienced obstetrician and gynaecologist.
We offer the following services:
- Routine gynaecological screening: this includes checks the overall health of the female reproductive system and includes examination, cervical smear, and ultrasound.
- Routine breast screening: this includes breast examination and ultrasound and/or referral for mammography depending on the patient’s age and family history.
- Reproductive Health: guidance, support and treatment relating to reproductive health including different forms of contraception and family planning. Management of menstrual disorders including endometriosis.
- Gynaecological problems including irregular, heavy or painful periods, bleeding between periods, bleeding after the menopause, pelvic pain.
- Menopause management: support for women navigating their way during perimenopause and menopause, including hormone replacement therapy (HRT).